Friday, September 16, 2011

1st Project

This project was a lot of fun for me. As usual, I tried to think outside of the box with my approach. I knew that I wanted to accomplish several goals with this project. I wanted to get more familiar with drawing/painting in photoshop, both realistically and abstractly. I also wanted to get more familiar with layers and creating an overall composition I was proud of. Usually I work too closely to my project, so I tried to take a few steps back this time.

I was very particular with my choice of fruit/vegetable, because I wanted something with a lot of color and form to work with. This project I made sure to sketch out my ideas fully before messing around in Photoshop. Still, I left myself a little wiggle room to explore the options.

I learned that it is much better to approach a digital project with a general idea, and to be open about the possibilities of how to execute my plan. Because of this, I believe I came out with a very elaborate and clean project.

I perfected my use of the paintbrush tool, the smudge tool, and the color mixing tool. I have finally found a way to mimic the way that I paint, which I found to be quite a relieving find. I also worked with the scanner and inverting color/tinting the image, which I would like to become more familiar with.

No comments:

Post a Comment